• Implementing the rules of civil defense law and decisions executing those rules.
• Creating plans and civil defense procedures and managing their implementation.
• Taking suitable procedures in case of occurring disasters.
• Coordinating with ministries and concerned authorities to carry out the civil defense procedures.
• Carrying out the training of civil defense members and executing local trials, applying quality systems.
• Follow up on search and rescue preparation, organizing alarm systems testing, and taking all preventive measures to avoid potential dangers.
• Presenting technical services such as shelters and reconstruction of poor quality buildings.
• Examining security procedures in companies and public property and taking preventive action against fire and other risks.
• Using media sources to achieve awareness on civil defense goals.
• Carrying out any other tasks assigned to the Department, according to the law.